Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Thai Chicken

This recipe is one that came together by accident. I used a recipe for slow cooker chicken and E and I just weren't wowed by it. It was just okay. However, I had leftovers and didn't want to waste them. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I added some different ingredients and managed to salvage the recipe.


The second night it was way better. You know what they say, don't ever give up. You never know when a few additional ingredients can completely transform a recipe.


Lesson of the day: don't be afraid to experiment - you just may stumble upon a winner!



Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
serves 6

6 skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup peanut butter
4 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs lime juice
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp minced ginger
15oz can coconut milk
2 tbs red curry paste
1 tbs curry powder
sliced green onion for garnish, if desired

Place chicken in slow cooker. Stir together everything else and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice and top with green onions.




Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/GoodCleanFunPW
Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/goodcleanfunpw

Find me on Instagram: @goodcleanfunpw

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...