Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Miracle of White Paint

A little while ago, I talked about what a difference a little paint can make. I showed some before and after pictures of my heaven-sent sister-in-law's painting she did this summer while she was visiting. I still can't quite get over how much she accomplished while she was here and how good of a job she did. This past weekend, I was reminded.

I finally got around to painting the railing and molding up the stairs. All the molding in the dining room was white, so the wood railing really stood out as odd. It stuck out like a sore thumb. Just this little bit of painting, reminded me how grateful I am to Amanda for all the painting she did this summer. It also reminded me how much I dislike painting.

Check out the before and afters!

Stairwell Before:
 (Please ignore the puppy at the top of the stairs. Harper photo bombed me.)

Stairwell After:


I actually ended up doing three coats of paint because two just didn't do the coverage job I was hoping for. I removed the railing to do the first two coats and replaced it before applying the third so I wouldn't damage or mess up the paint job when I re-attached it.

Again, what a difference a little paint can make!

My next painting project? Painting brick. Wish me luck!




Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/GoodCleanFunPW
Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/goodcleanfunpw

Find me on Instagram: @goodcleanfunpw

1 comment:

  1. If you need a painting buddy, give me a call. I find tedious jobs relaxing. :)


    kcolliflower@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...