Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plant-Based Protein Powder

i cannot wait for spring! warm, sunny, 60 degree F days make me long for it even more. same with rainy, dark, dreary days like today. the only consolation is we need rain for spring flowers and green grass.

my favorite part of spring is a great pedicure and flip flops! my feet long to peek out and feel the sunshine after 4-5 long months of hiding in my shearling-lined ugg slippers. but little things like seeing plants with buds and daffodil greens peeking up out of the ground give me hope that spring is around the corner and make me crave some of my favorite warm weather treats like ice cream and smoothies.

i love smoothies - especially those with fresh fruit, a healthy dose of spinach (don't knock it till you've tried it - it's even kid approved) and a lacing of protein powder. smoothies are a great breakfast alternative or a replenishing after-workout treat.


Pin It
 
i used to live and die by my whipped vanilla cream dessert protein powder but i didn't really love the ingredient list. i recently found (via Teri from a foodie stays fit) this plant-based, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, yet actually great tasting protein powder (i know, i was skeptical at first too).

the plant fusion vanilla bean tastes creamy and lends itself well to adding other flavors (like banana, blueberry, or strawberry) without over-powering the smoothie. it gets the whopping 21g of protein per serving from peas, brown rice, and artichokes.

check out the ingredient list:
anyway, just thought you all might be interested in a healthy, wholesome, protein powder. i got mine on amazon. oh, and hurry up spring!

and for the record, i bought plantfusion on my own and the opinions stated are my own. i was not compensated for anything and i'm positive plantfusion has no earthly ideas who i am.

4 comments:

  1. have you tried the unflavored version of this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can we buy it at

    ReplyDelete

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...