Monday, April 23, 2012

Computer Vacation

 source

you may (or may not) have noticed i have taken a little break from blogging - two weeks to be exact.

in the past weeks, i have "quit" blogging no less than 27 times. i have gone back and forth between stopping all together and ramping things up more. i have seen "signs" in favor of quitting and in favor of pressing on. the thing is, it never felt right to say "i'm done."

i think perhaps i just needed to step back and take a deep breath. perhaps i am having a midlife (or hopefully 1/3 life) crisis of sorts. i have felt like i am wandering about with no real direction. so i took a vacation. not in the typical sense, but basically, i took a vacation from the computer.

i have spent time outside in the sunshine with my hands in the dirt. i have spent time curled up on the couch in my snuggly robe with hot tea. i have been completely unproductive, caught up on my dvr while drinking too much wine. i have spent extra time at night talking and snuggling with E. i have hung pictures that have been leaning against a wall for weeks. i have neglected my google reader, had coffee with friends, made dinner without taking photos of the food, spent time outside with my dogs, and exercised like crazy.

it felt good. i feel great but i also feel like i want to take a picture of the dinner i made and share it. i don't really know who i am sharing it with. i know i have a small, very loyal following but other than my close friends and family, i don't know who my readers are. i used to follow the stats and watch every little peak and dip in visitors. i used to wonder why i rarely get comments and try to figure out which recipes get the most hits and views.

here's the thing - i love cooking and baking. i am loving fixing up our old house. i love taking photographs and something in me wants to share those things. so that's just what i'll do.

i will continue trying new recipes, creating new meals, eating at baltimore's best restaurants, taking photos, and i will continue to blog when i have something to blog about. i hope you all are okay with that.

it's good to be back.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you will keep blogging. I really love reading your blog even though I am bad about commenting because I am usually reading on my phone with a toddler in my lap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize you have to do what is best for you...but...PLEASE DON'T QUIT BLOGGING!
    I love your blog and often refer back to it for past recipes and I just love your blogging style...and your weekly nightcap!!
    At the end of the day, your blog doesn't have to be about just ONE thing. It's YOUR blog! Write about what YOU want. Snap photos of what YOU want to share. It's YOUR blog, after all...share what makes you happy!
    I'm all over the place with my blog and I've had the same thoughts as you have had...but frankly, I don't care anymore. It's fun for me to blog and right now that's all that matters to me.

    Here's to you, sister! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back lovie! Don't quit cuz I love reading your posts AND I get lots of inspiration from you food wise. Your Thursday's post is my FAV! Looking forward to seeing you on the 5th. Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is; it the best dag gone blog that I read period......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you...do what makes you happy! Love the weekly night caps and your videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please press on, your posts along with your wonderful sense of humor is sooo refreshing and it makes me smile. You are an inspiration and your love of food and the recipes you share are in my recipe book! Go girl, I am one of your faithful followers.

    ReplyDelete

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...