Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Favorite Things

one of my very favorite things about our new house is what is on the other side of our driveway


call me crazy but i love the smell of horses. it takes me back to college when N and i took riding lessons at a nearby farm. one of my favorite tasks was brushing the horses after we finished our ride. it takes me even further back to my childhood at meadowvale. i would ride misty around the paddock while mom cleaned out the stalls.


so, when i take a handful of carrots or a sliced apple over to these 3 lovelies, something about kissing their noses and feeling their whiskers tickle my hand feels like home.

now if only the neighbors had a donkey too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...