Monday, August 16, 2010

My New Toy

warning: this post is not food related - proceed at your own risk!

i simply couldn't help but share my exciting news. i opened the door saturday and found a wonderful surprise . . .
my wonderful husband not only listened to my not so subtle hints about what i wanted for my birthday this year but he even ordered it 2 months early so i could enjoy it now.

enter my new canon rebel t1i.
i cannot tell you how excited i am to finally have a "real" camera. i have been wanting one for some time now (ever since my dinosaur manual canon rebel camera that uses *gasp* film became obsolete. don't get me wrong, i LOVE my canon powershot digital elph and will still use it (it's wonderful for travel - fits into a clutch or pocket perfectly) but i am simply obsessed with my new rebel.
i decided after much research to just get the body and go with the canon ef 50mm f/1.8 lens. it doesn't zoom (i already have a zoom lens and macro lens on my wish list) but it is amazing the quality of pictures this little lens takes and the great price ($99).
the night it came, i spent 2+ hours just going through the manual trying out all of the settings and playing with the different shutter speeds and aperture settings (i know, i'm a geek for reading the manual). i am by no means a photographer. i have never taken a class and know even less than nothing so hopefully you will be patient with me while i figure this thing out.
thanks to my wonderfully amazing thoughtful husband for the camera and my wonderful parents for the early birthday lens present. i love them and you!
dignan better turn that frown upside down. he and roxy will get used to being my photography subjects soon enough.

1 comment:

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...