Friday, July 30, 2010

Peach Ice Cream

seeing as i am heading north to my favorite peach orchard again today, you will have to suffer through at least a couple more peach postings. my sincerest apologies to those who are crazy and don't love peaches. to everyone else, read on for a fantastic peach ice cream recipe.
when i purchased my ice cream maker early this spring i had two thoughts. i will either never use this thing . . . or, i will use this thing too much and gain 20 pounds. surprisingly i have used this quite a bit but have managed to share every single batch i have made. so, not only have i enjoyed using it but my waistline has not suffered solely from ice cream (other goodies, perhaps, but ice cream is not at complete fault:)

last night was no exception. my mother is crazy about peaches in general (hey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?) so i packed up the dogs, my cuisinart, and some peaches and headed over to her house to whip up a batch of peach ice cream for the two of us.
because i have an aversion to chunks of fruit in my ice cream, i blended the juicy peaces into a fabulous puree. the result was an amazingly smooth and creamy and we enjoyed every bite.

well, not every bite. surprisingly enough, we didn't eat the whole batch ourselves. little victories.

Smooth Peach Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups pureed peaches (about 4 medium peaches, skinned and chopped)
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup whole milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

puree peaches in blender. add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. refrigerate for an hour. blend one more time before pouring into ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions. transfer soft ice cream to airtight container and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.

1 comment:

  1. P - I got an ice cream maker attachment too...I went through spurts of making ice creams (once you make one you get SO many more ideas!) I made guinness, strawberry balsamic, and most recently, coconut chocolate chip (based on your recipe...but I added some chopped almonds too to make it like an almond joy).

    Thankfully in between all the icecream, I discovered sorbet. I made strawberry basil, pineapple honey ginger, blueberry almond, and peach. They are so good, and really just blended fruit!

    ReplyDelete

please be sure to include both your name and your email address when leaving a comment. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...